Thursday, October 10, 2019

(46) I found that to be fun











I woke up early...
It was a sunny morning, but I could tell it was cold! 
I had gotten up early so that I could be ready for grocery delivery by 8 AM!
The delivery man said that at 4 AM his truck did not need the refrigerator part on
as it was only 35F at the time in there! 
***
Well, if you have known me a long time, 
you would know that I am a bit of a nerd. 
I like to do things right when I am doing them.
So, I had another (my last) makeup lesson.
Yep. And I brought the notes she wrote last time,
a typed up note of what I knew I wanted to buy this time,
and a pen to write more notes and masking tape.
The kind makeup artist/teacher was like 
why did you bring masking tape?
HA! It was because she had different brushes for different things.
I brought my own (newly cleaned) brushes and when
we went from step to step, I quickly tore off a bit of tape,
wrapped it to the brush she said was the right one and numbered it. 
Yep. Nerdy! :)


But hey, makeup for the wedding will be a breeze.
I know exactly what to do and what to use and it's all set.
And I can tell that I was right to return one thing (itch factor) and get
a few other things ... my makeup had been on for hours, no 
dry skin, no itch, no problems. 
So that's a problem solved!  
***
Then I went to JC Penny.


I brought the necklace with.
The picture above was the first things I found.
The reds were too bright 
(as fellow customer who was kind confirmed it when I asked her
opinion on them as well).
I put them all back.
Then I found these 4 and used a necklace display for a quick
social media discussion (and I called my Mom right away as she is my 
number one fashion consultant) and took these pictures:




 The pair I choose, that my Mom and others also liked, and the one
I liked the best, is the last one in the 4 pictures above. 



Then I went on to my eye doctors and got my new glasses.
They are really great, I am quite pleased with them.
And they are the same colour red, I believe. 



So right when I was looking at the earrings and the necklace before buying 
the earrings, I took the necklace out of it's cloth bag and found that it had
broken! I was shocked! But thank God it was not really broken,
a small ring had come loose and so 2 pieces had separated. 


I went to Kay Jewelers and a man fixed the ring for me, free of charge! 
***
At home I found that one of the rings was not closed very well...
at first I thought it was perhaps the one he fixed but later I felt it was
actually another place, and boy was I glad to have caught the second ring
having a problem too!
After dinner, I found my jewelry making kit I bought this summer and 
fixed it! Meanwhile, dinner was leftovers and a salad!



I used my new tray for the first time!











While I could not make the opening look fully closed, 
I am pretty sure the small ring holding the 2 pieces together is 
much more secure.
***
I wanted to share a sweet email card I got in the first week of Cleo dying.
It made me cry but is so sweet and I really appreciate it.


I will always love my Cleo Cat!
***
One more happy thing:
my Husband bought this grey vest for 3$ at the VNA rummage sale
and not only did it fit great but I think it goes well with this suit jacket!


Obviously he will NOT wear it with a stripped shirt,
that was merely the shirt he was wearing today to work.
I am so pleased as he lost the vest that went with this jacket and pants.
Now we have everything figure out for sartorial consideration and planning
for our friend's wedding! :) 
***
Also I found an inexpensive sparkly deep/dark red nail polish that I may wear for the
wedding... :) I had a lot of fun getting things for this special occasion
and know that all of the things I have found/gotten I will use again, DV.
after the wedding!  I am already thinking of possible future outfits
with the new jewelry and hat... 
***
Well, it was a fun "light" day and sometimes those days are nice to have.
Tomorrow is clean-the-house day and begin preparing for the 
dinner party on Sunday night that we DV (=Lord willing)
hope to have!
***
I pray that God's mercy will be with us 
no matter if our day was an easier one or a deeply
difficult day....

5 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

I had to laugh when you mentioned the masking tape and how you used it. You are so organized. Nice that you could fix the second ring on your pretty necklace yourself.

Diana said...

Haha! You and I could be related – I use masking tape to label things and for putting them in order! I like the last pair of the necklace and earrings, also. They match perfectly. The red stones almost look like garnets, the birth stone for January, which is my birth month. I used to make jewelry much more often than I do now. Never made money from it, just gave away pieces I made to friends and family, and for others to give as gifts. I still make things once in a while... and my jewelry-making gear fills a storage tub! I love your new platter, the design on it looks like someone took your centerpice vase of flowers and painted them on it – such a great match! I don't know if I've told you, but your little home looks so cozy and comfortable and sweet. I love seeing all your dishes and tableware and knick-knacks and all the things associated with your faith. You have such a beautiful home, Elizabeth! Hugs right back atcha, friend! :) ♥

Elizabethd said...

I do like your new earrings, Elizabeth. It sound as though you have got everything together for the wedding!

karen said...

love how your broke down the make up steps to recreate the process! I am nerdy too and I'm in good company with you :)

Lisa said...

Well, I'm glad you had such a good day and got your jewelry and make-up sorted out, and also that your husband got such a good deal, too! Excellent. The poem may be sentimentalism, but I was glad to read it - I am picturing Mr. Kibble having his rest and unclouded happiness. :)