Monday, October 21, 2019

(57) Monday





Oh Monday.
I managed to get a lot done today, but
it was tough going in ways; 
I was tired. 
I think one of the tricks for me to get stuff done is at times
in the day, just rest for a bit.
I am doing a lot of preparing for my friends visit with us
and as I mentioned before, I will not be blogging normally soon
while this visit is on-going! 
***
I found that I was struggling with some of my thoughts today.
Sometimes it can just feel like everything is downhill in the wrong way down,
as if it is all at splinters at one's feet
and it take me a bit of time to see that the feeling I had was, in fact,
wrong and that not all is in ruin in my life or 
that I have not made progress in some ways that I have long wished,
for my life here. 
***
One of the treasured moments of the day are a bit of reading I do at night
and I am slowly reading an incredible book that I find so absorbing. 
It is called I Live Again and it tells the story of a Romanian Princess who 
is telling us of how her life changed irrevocably because of WWII and how
she had to learn to live again after losing so much of what she deeply loved. 
***
I am excited about the Death with Dostoevsky book! 
This is the forth book by Katherine Bolger Hyde and I 
am really looking forward to reading it!
***
Life can have such difficult periods.
I pray that if you are in one of those God will help you
and comfort you in the midst of it all. 

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Wonderful news that you have friends who will be visiting soon! It is easy to feel down sometimes, that we've not quite reached the place we set for ourselves, or the idea of the place we see in our minds eye that we should be at...if that makes sense. I have felt that way sometimes, and do sometimes still too--"perfection" issues. ;) Rest when you need to...It's good to slow down when we need to. ;) God bless you & your week, my friend ((HUGS))

Elizabethd said...

Enjoy your time with friends, Elizabeth, and try to find some rest time just for you.

Granny Marigold said...

The book I Live Again sounds like a good read. I hope the upcoming company coming will not stress you unduly. Rest when you feel the need to.