Tuesday, October 01, 2019

(Day 36) without Cleo ~ Church, wonderful meals and some fun


I was so glad to begin the day by going to liturgy


After the liturgy was done, one of my friends, L., who came
to our home for Thanksgiving last year,
asked how I was doing about Cleo's death and I don't
remember exactly what I said, other than that I still missed her...
she understood... she lived alone for a long time now and
cats become almost like "children" to us as she said.
It's hard to explain to one (if explain one needs) that if
one lived alone, esp. for some years, one's pet really becomes family
in a special way... no one else is there to greet when one comes home
and when Cleo was well, she would be waiting for me by the door....
I appreciated that my dear friend L understands... 




I had a very nice breakfast at a local place
and then took light rail and went to the mall, something long time
readers will know I do not do that regularly 
(I usually go in December for some things, which I hope to do again this year).












 Well, then I went and bought make up for the first time since preparing for my wedding
over 7 years ago!  A woman did my make up at the store (minimum purchase required,
it was an hour long session) and was so nice as she wrote long-hand each step
for how to do the make up as I won't be having her do it the day of
(apparently people do that, go to the store for a make-over the day of an event,
news to me, I am not much in that sort of world!)
One woman was there because it was her 40th birthday that day....
***
I did not buy everything that the lady used on me, 
somethings I bypassed all together because I had something 
comparable and other things we switched to either a different brand
or size to keep the cost down. 



After that adventure, I went home, changed, put everything in my new
make up bag (from a pharmacy where such things are more affordable,
including make-up brushes!) and then went out again
to dinner with one of my church friends and then we went to 
church class...it was really nice to catch up with her and hear how things are going!
***
I must admit I think I am going to have fun "playing make up" as it were...
the lady who did my make up said I better practice putting it on 
(most of it I am used to but it more the technique I am learning) before the wedding...
which I think is good advice and will give me a chance to "play" ...
it's nice to have something that is more on the 'fun' side of things...
I am not going to do anything on this, though, until I get the makeup brush cleaner
I ordered as I want to have clean brushes (the ones that are not new) before
I begin this "practice playing" run :)
***
Years ago I remember my beautiful Pascha skirt was great for
"swishing" and this past summer I found a skirt that was also
a great one for that and my niece N. and I had fun "swishing" the skirt
we were wearing... this reminds me of the fun of one of the eye things 
I got as it is very sparkly and I like sparkles. 
Sometimes it's the "little" or even "frivolous" "girl" things that are fun for a time.
***
Well, we are still praying for various ones in deep struggles.
May God have mercy on us and save us!

No comments: