Wednesday, October 09, 2019

(45) halfway



Today was a good day over all.
The rain was quiet and peaceful.
Got some things done and wrote a letter to 
a dear MI friend.
Tomorrow I am going to the mall for final make up things,
as well as looking for earrings to go with the necklace.
I showed someone a picture of the pretty necklace I got for 12$ at the 
VNA rummage sale and they commented that maybe it 
was real and were garnet stones and that it could be worth a few
thousand dollars; I am very relieved to say that I looked at it again
and it is for sure paste/costume jewelry and not real. 
(There is paint on the back side of all the "crystal", etc).
I would have been stressed to have real jewels with me 
for a wedding (it's not in our city even!) and 
am so glad that they are exactly as I thought, 
simple pretty vintage costume jewelry,
all I ever wanted. 


Not a fully clear picture,
but this is the necklace with the silver dress I will 
be wearing to the wedding! 
I love the vintage nature of this necklace,
that is just fun and no pressure of having it being 
a necklace of great worth! Whew!
***
May God have mercy on us.
I know we need it so desperately. 

5 comments:

Gloria said...

That was a great find Elizabeth. It's perfect in design, color and length for your dress.

Becki said...

That necklace looks amazing with that dress, Elizabeth. Just perfect!

Elizabethd said...

the Necklace really complements the dress, Elizabeth.

Granny Marigold said...

The necklace is lovely and I can understand you not even wanting it to be real gems because then you'd feel you had to keep it in a safe.

GretchenJoanna said...

I have to chime in and agree about the dress and necklace being perfect together!