Sunday, March 20, 2016

Lent Day 7 ~ Influenza B and Bronchitis




Last night Mr Husband realized that his
illness had become bacterial 
and when I woke in the morning,
he told me that he would be going to the doctor that day.
I went off to liturgy,
after getting things he needed and documenting his symptoms with him,
and taking his temperature, which was still in fever but 1 degree F less.
I was really glad for my local church for liturgy.
I went back quickly to Mr Husband at the end of liturgy,
got food for us to eat and then we went off to a local
urgent care clinic, where we were for the next 2+ hours.
And so now we know that Mr Husband has
Influenza B and Bronchitis. 
He is now on various meds.
*
I am quite tired but thank God not sick -- yet, at any rate.
*
I am learning what it must be like to be a 
Mother of a young child - 
so many things you must do for them when they are 
unable to do it for themselves.
It's hard to find time to eat, not to mention rest!
*
I was able to go to a health food store in our old town,
which is quite close by, 
and stocked up on more things for illness,
the juice that my sister-in-law swears by,
soup (fast friendly too! dairy with a chest infection like
Mr Husband has would be a bad idea) that is ready to make
and organic, and more teas for respiratory support.
*
We were both relieved that Mr Husband does not have 
pneumonia and he is on antibiotics, tamiflu, and two types of 
inhalers....
and his fever is decreasing and his appetite increasing.... 
*
I am praying that I do not fall ill...
I have a pile of laundry the size of a small mountain and
all my clean washcloths are somewhere in the bottom part of this
looming pile.... 
*
If God so grants, tomorrow I will do laundry and 
if I can, make a simple vegetable soup....
*
Well, that's it for Lent day 7....
*
Pray for us!

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nancy said...

I pray Mr Husband is feeling better soon!

Rosemary said...

I am sorry to hear that your husband is sick! I will pray for his health--and also yours!!