Friday, October 06, 2017

VNA today










We had a good day today.
I helped my Husband in some writing this morning, we had 
breakfast, got to the VNA after 10 AM and by a miracle
got a great parking spot (after thinking we had to park
somewhere else and shuttle in but my Dad thought to drop us off
first and then do that and ended up getting a parking spot as close as
was really possible and it was a real BLESSING!).
***
I got some surprising finds, 
a tea pot that my Husband loved, 
beautiful Minton's plates;
I found some beautiful wine goblets but I did not 
fully track the fact that they are older and therefore have lead in them.
But my research so far says that for special occasions + using vinigar
will not cause harm, though not for children's or Mom-to-be's use.
Still, I wish I had realized that.
Will be pretty for Christmas and super special occasions. 
***
We found some neat spoons (again 2$/spoon) and a flat spoon
that will be great for loose tea + sugar tongs that are really nice,
a beautiful small serving bowl, a Ansley canister that I will put tea in,
a small Wedgwood jam jar that I am going to use for sugar,
a gold and white small plate as well.
***
It was a beautiful day, sunny and warm. 
Tomorrow DV is my parents last day here.
It's been SUCH a blessing to have them here this week...

5 comments:

shoreacres said...

I have to ask -- what is VNA? I've tried to figure it out, and can't. I must say, it looks like a place I would love, too!

Paula said...

How much would Ella have loved that cast oven to play with?? And I love the Minton, such a pretty pattern.

Mat. Anna said...

Oh my goodness, that STOVE! 😍

You found some wonderful things!

Pom Pom said...

Hi Elizabeth! Oh, it is fun to find treasures and I know what you mean about city parking. It's a worry and such an encouragement when a parking spot becomes available.

Lilly's Mom said...

I think you have the same disease that I have....you love dishes! The pieces you found are beautiful. Especially the Minton. I have a set of Minton Ardmore that I love to use for special occasions. But I also have six other dinnerware sets! You're on your way to having fun :) hugs, Pat