Thursday, October 05, 2017

Today: Dutch Spoons, Tea, the Diner and my parents visit continues








My parents spoil me with their help.

My Dad finished the bookcases today, fixed the corner cabinet door
that suddenly broke (again) in the kitchen,
and he put up our spoon rack!

***
The above show a lot of our lovely beautiful spoons.

The spoons, other than the 2 at each ends, are Dutch silver-plate antique spoons. The 6 in the middle my Husband found in Holland years back. He saw them in an antique store and did not get them but went back, it was a challenge to find the store again. He got them for his Mom. When his parents downsized and moved, we were given them. Others we got for Mr Husband's birthday.

***
The second row of spoons:
More of our special Dutch spoons! The ones with big pictures we got in Amsterdam a year ago.
***

My Mom has been helping with laundry, sewing on buttons, sewing my sleeping mask
back together, helping with meals and dishes.

***






My parents and I enjoyed pork on buns for lunch, 
tea and snacks, coffee for themselves and all 4 of us
went to the diner for dinner tonight!
I LOVE my Dutch things, 
and my 3 (!) teabag / spoon rests are just a 
treasure! One I got in Holland, one my Mom surprised me with,
and one is from a dear friend! 
They are on display in the front, of course! :)
***
So, about the unbloggable.
We are HOPING that a corner has been turned today.
Things were going even more sideways this week,
having my parents with me was such a blessing.
While I can't write much about it, I can tell you what
I emailed a friend today:

I feel like we have been under such great strain that it's like all of a sudden the rope broke and we landed on a soft pillow and are so surprised at the comfortable landing. 

I am really hoping that things will really be able to 
turn around and that life will have one less strain within it.

***

Meanwhile, I must get to sleep now that I am finally tired.
We hope to go to the VNA rummage sale tomorrow!
Will be easy on ourselves, as none of us are in the
best of shape (my parents both had injuries in the last year too).

God bless you who are reading this,
no matter what is going on in your life!

5 comments:

Tracy said...

What a BEAUTIFUL and BIG collections of spoons! These are gorgeous, Elizabeth... Each one a little work of art. :) Such a nice glass-enclosed case they are in. Good you have some spaces free for more spoons to collect. Was your trip to Holland a year ago already?! Have fun with the rummage sale! Your parents are lovely to be helping with so much, and all between the fun of visiting! The Bobbsey Twin... I remember those old books, though I've not read them all. Such FOOD! I miss American diners a lot. Glad to be able to be visiting one or two soon! ;) Sooo VERY joyed to hear that things are looking a big brighter now after a rocky time and worries. God is sooo GOOD! May He continue to bless you, offer you smooth landings more and more... :) With LOVE, In Christ ((HUGS))

Paula said...

Sounds like you are having a great visit. Are you doing Thanksgiving this weekend? My MIL is actually doing something this year. Ella's so happy. We have almost no family gatherings since Colin's mom died -I didn't see that happening.

So glad about the better news about the unbloggable. You guys really need some resolution so you can know how to move on. Lots of prayers.

Have a great time with your folks.

Mat. Anna said...

What a lovely collection of spoons! And I have that exact edition of the top Bobsey Twins book. 😊 I really do like the rope breaking/landing on a pillow analogy. Isn't it amazing how that happens? Enjoy the next several days! I look forward to seeing what you all get into. 🙂

Lilly's Mom said...

It's so nice that you are having a wonderful visit with your parents. I always love seeing your collections as I too collect many of the same items. God is always there for us and he will continue to be with you. I'm so happy that things are looking up. Blessings to you dear Elizabeth. Pat xx

Becki said...

I smiled as I scrolled through the pictures and saw the Bobbsey Twins books. Reading The Bobbsey Twins books are among my favorite childhood memories. I hope you enjoy to the fullest the remaining time you have left of your parents' visit!