Monday, October 02, 2017

My parents have arrived!









The pork roast worked out,
though the top got a bit dark/dry so will have to
see about what to do (less time cooking? marinate with more liquid?)
***
The house got clean, laundry done.
Grocery delivery texted me that they were coming...
then the door bell rung, I went down, it rung again before I was
down and I opened the door...
and there stood my Mom and Dad!
(Grocery delivery was much later for some reason...)
***
So my Mom made boiled potatoes and did the salad,
we had a nice tea together,
I found all the towels and wash clothes new from Holland
to remember our trip together and 
the meal we had was good
and I am so very glad they are here!

8 comments:

Gloria said...

Family is the best? I am so glad you get time to spend with yours.

Helensmum said...

How lovely,enjoy this special time. More liquor,less heat?
Ann Marie x

Tracy said...

Hooray, Elizabeth! Have a blessed and wonderful time with you parents! What is the cake baked for your lovely tea? For the pot roast, I think as Helensmamma, maybe a lower heat, a bit more liquid? Pork is tricky, as I find it often dries no matter what! Lovely to see all your preparations... HAPPY DAYS ((HUGS))

Elizabethd said...

There is nothing quite like having family to visit. Have a lovely time together.

karen said...

may you have tons of fun with your family and DO NOT over do it (the foot I mean...) Absolutely over do it in the fun department.

Lisa said...

Did they surprise you? Anyway, enjoy their visit. :)

elizabeth said...

Thanks everyone!!!

Lisa ~ I knew they were coming that day ~ but I thought it would be an hour or so later than they came! :) Since my grocery delivery had just texted that they were coming soon, I thought it was them! :)

Lisa said...

A fun surprise!