Sunday, October 08, 2017

Sunday of Canadian Thanksgiving Weekend








My parents left this morning;
we said our thanks and goodbyes before we went to Liturgy.
It was SO GOOD to have them here.
Such a blessing.
We have a very special and perhaps somewhat rare thing:
My Husband and I are both very appreciative and comfortable 
with our parents-in-laws... 
***
My Dad did so much this week:
~two Billy bookcases (double), one single, all with "extenders"
(the top most shelf added) and doors on all (10 doors I think)
all anchored to the walls (the shelves).
~Put up our spoon rack
~moved carpet from under futon
~put up pictures above buffet and in large hallway
~plugged in lamp
~hung up plates
~fixed lazy non-susan door
~took all boxes out from IKEA things
~put together CD/DVD shelving
***
My Mom helped a lot too...
~tons of laundry folding
~buttons sewn on hanging hand towels + pants
~Meal Prep (including roasting veggies and soup prep)
~Covered books for me with mylar covers
~We opened all the things together that they brought us/for us
~advised in position of things to be hung
~dishes and organizing
***
We had a lot of meals together and a lot of really helpful conversations.
***
It was a hard week because of unbloggable things that we think
have hope of getting better now,
it was one of those 'everything went sideways' weeks on 
the unbloggable front but having my parents here
and getting so much done in terms of put together and up
bookcases, spoon rack, making our home more beautiful...
***
We enjoyed a Tolkien music CD together and dining out twice.
***
Tomorrow is Canadian Thanksgiving.
We are going to have really yummy leftovers but that's it.
We are both really tired from an intense week and 
just need to rest.
***
I have so many on my heart and am praying as I can.
My parents are half way home and in for the night.
I am so thankful for so many blessings...
Whenever I look at +Patrick's lamp,
lit in the evening, the warm light greets me 
and comforts me with it's beauty.
I think of my all those who have gone before us
and made the pictures we now have hung up
and of +Patrick's Mother who I think of 
as one who loved the lamps glow, 
just as I do now...


1 comment:

Mat. Anna said...

I'm glad you had such a good visit. This year's Thanksgiving will be just right: quiet, thankful, and a rest. Still praying for y'all.