Thursday, October 19, 2017

Thursday: NYC in sunshine and blue skys



















































Well.
Today began with worry:
my foot seemed to hurt at every step upon waking.
But as the early morning slid into mid-morning,
I had determined to go as planned.
I had lots of tea, time to read and pray,
and we cabbed to NYC.
Had lunch with a dear long-time friend of Mr Husband's
who I also enjoy seeing.
I was super excited to play an improptu Chess game with 
my Husband ... he's not big into improptu if he has something he
is going to do next and it was so fun to just stop and sit and play!
I totally DON'T know how to play and in the end I managed
to even get my Husband into "check" before he "crushed me" (his words).
It was so fun and since I was out to have fun only, it was just that, FUN!
Then my beloved Husband and I went to see the NYC flagship library.
Beautiful isn't it? 
Then we went for ice cream.
Then home.
End up slumming, as we say, and having both a fresh
glazed krispy creame donut and a slice of pizza.
Later we had a salad. :) 
This really seemed like vacation, eating things we usually 
don't eat, esp all in one day!
Now I am glad that tomorrow I have PT late in the day
and hope to get some rest in.
I am pondering on what to bake next.
I want to do a veggie pot pie, as I wrote about.
I also want to make my favourite pasta sauce.
And I have chicken to bake.
Fun to have things to plan and think about!
I hope your day had something peaceful in it and that 
you are given encouragement in the midst of life's difficulties
and even sorrows. 

1 comment:

karen said...

sorry your foot was aching and I hope that stops! my back is slowly getting better, today was the best day yet! Love when you go to the city :)