Saturday, October 07, 2017

The last day my parents are here in NJ with us....


♡♡♡ The tall oval picture is by my Great Grandmother, the rectangular one by either Mr Husband's Grandma or Great Aunt Jane. The 2 smaller round ones are from +Patrick's house and we believe were his Mother's. My Dad hung these for us and the 2 large pictures my parents brought with them from Michigan! ♡♡♡♡


Such extraordinary beauty .... if only such things were still created today!


The 2 tapestries are from +Patrick's house, we love them so much. It is breathtaking beautiful to come up to our apartment now! ♡♡♡♡ The framed print is one I got in Boston in 1996 when I was 19.♡ My Dad made the frame....♡♡♡♡

****

My Dad did so much today!
Moved rug from under futon in guest room, 
hung up pictures, plugged in +Patrick's lamp,
Mr Husband and my Dad hung up various pottery plates.
My Mom and I put away a lot of things and I 
did a quick weeding of my cookbook collection and other things
for my Mom to take to the thrift store at home.
Mr Husband moved all the CDs into the new shelf unit in the office,
we are going to slowly clean up and better organize things.
We did a little bit in the bedroom in terms of reorganization of books...
We went to a lovely restaurant for dinner and then walked by the water front,
it was really nice and reminded us of our trip to Holland as we ate
outside like we did there...
a nice last night to a week of visiting and helping us make our home
more organized and beautiful! 




2 comments:

karen said...

sounds like you are having the best of visits with your family :)

Mat. Anna said...

Productive *and* fun!