Friday, June 21, 2013

First Day of Summer

 
It's been a quiet day today.
Mr. Husband is working at home.
A good friend called me,
who I only get to talk to every few months
and that was such a blessing.
I was able to knit a small orange square for
the blanket I am making
while we talked :)


Last night Mr. Husband and I went to a beautiful
Catholic church for a
1 year Requiem Mass for a friend's father.
The Mass was in Latin
and beautifully sung.


As it is a fish day today,
I made fish sticks for
Mr. Husband and I's lunch.
As I was making it
I turned around and saw that
Cleo had decided that she wanted a fish stick too :)
*
I recently got news that I may have a bit
of either mono-in-recovery or
chronic-mono.
Still waiting to talk to my naturopath.
Meanwhile,
I am having a really
tired day today.
*
Do say a prayer for me.
It's been a long 4-plus months since I came down
with mono and while I am getting a lot
stronger than I was at my worst,
I am still struggling a bit with it.
*
I thank God for His mercies
and that I have so many blessings in my life,
regardless of this situation!
*
Blessed day to everyone today! 

5 comments:

Mary said...

Do you still use your naturopath in Ottawa or have you found one in NJ?

elizabeth said...

Thank God I have one here now ~ a real blessing!

Apseed said...

Oh, dear Elizabeth, I hope your feel better soon.
You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Paula said...

Poor thing, I had mono back in grade 12. Not fun at all and half the time you don't 'look' sick so you get very little sympathy. I still get wore down so much some days that I worry it's back.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

GretchenJoanna said...

A blessed Feast of Pentecost to you, Dear Elizabeth! God is keeping you.