Wednesday, June 19, 2013

September School Blanket ~ Squares and Puzzle Pieces

I am working on a blanket for a 5 year old boy
that I have been calling a yarn quilt.
The green square below is from a
skein Mr. Husband and I picked up
this past weekend on our way home
from our far-away church.

It is a thinner yarn
so I doubled the tread and am knitting it on size 13
needles. 

It's going beautifully.
I am calling it a
September School Blanket
as I hope to have it done by September
when this lovely 5 year old goes back to school.

I am planning at least one orange square :)

A darker green square or two 
 
I am thinking of using this
fisherman's wool-ease yarn
to knit it all together.
*
Ravelry here
*
It's fun as it is like a puzzle to get all the pieces to fit
together!
*
I am loving this book:



I got it from the local library
and am reading it in bits and pieces.
It is really helpful!
At some point I will need to purchase it.
*
It is great as I am still a beginner!
What are you creating and reading?
Yarn along with us!

7 comments:

Hannah said...

Aww what a lovely idea :o)

Lisa said...

Such a sweet knit! I think the fisherman's wool will tie it all together beautifully. Happy knitting!

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

I'm knitting a squares blanket too, for my youngest daughter :-)

kjramstack said...

When I first started knitting I saw a pattern for a Friendship blanket. The idea was for a group of friends to all knit a few squares. Those squares would then be joined together to make a blanket and gifted to someone who was expecting their first child. I always thought that was such a neat idea!

Shosannah said...

That book looks great :)
Your blanket is beautiful. Knitted blankets are so cosy and special.

Reinventing Mother said...

Very nice! There is also a pattern in Mason Dixon Knitting for a modular Log Cabin Blanket. I think you would like it. I found a copy at my library.

Kymberly said...

Your blanket is looking good. I love Lion Brand's wool ease yarn. The fisherman will tie everything together nicely.