Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Waiting in the midst of sunshine and flowers

No word on the second interview yet.


Going to a job-fair like event tomorrow.


Waiting and uncertainty is tiring


but I am seeking to seek God.




Reading St. John of the Ladder's book



the ladder of divine ascent



for the first time,



for a book club of various church friends



who are reading it with me.



*



It is serious reading but is reading that can give life.



*



Speaking of life,



we had a prayer service at my church for the March for Life



that is being held tomorrow.



For those who may not know,



I live in Ottawa that is the capital of Canada;



so the March of Life will be through the streets



of downtown,



to Parliament Hill,



which I can walk to myself in less than 30 minutes...



*



It is beautiful that we as Orthodox Christians can



pray for everyone involved,



including the unborn child.





I often think of the beauty of this time of year



and what a relief it is for everyone;



but I am also thinking about how it can be



deceiving.



In the sense that all can look beautiful sunlit blooming and bright



but without the light of Christ



we are walking in darkness.





The whole of creation praises God;




it is the highest invitation that we can join




in this praise.

No comments: