Friday, May 06, 2011

Friday - St. George Day


Keeping a candle lit for a dear friend's


father who is very ill overseas.


St. Necktarios is a healer and I pray that his


intercessions will comfort my friend and


her family during this time.
*


Today (old calendar) is


St. George's Day.


The icon below is one my beloved St. George icons;


it is the one that a few lents ago was in


the Altar of my church for all of lent.


That was such a blessing;


I loved seeing him there,


leaning against the window.


I felt so protected that lent,


knowing he was there.


*


Now this icon is home with me


and since it was his day,


I put this icon out on display,


even though my big icon of him


has a lampada by it.



St. George is such a beloved Saint!

*


I went to friends' church for a service


to St. George


and then had the friends over for dinner


after!


We had a simple tomato-vegetable soup,


yummy bread,


a salad and some fried potatoes.


And various fun desserts.


A wonderful way to celebrate


the feast day of St. George!



Blessed Feast Day!

No comments: