Thursday, December 16, 2010

Thursday is beginning

I helped my friends and their beautiful two children

decorate their Christmas tree!

*

My main 'job' though was to take the pictures.

*

I was able to read to the currently three year old boy

who is such a delight to read story books too;

I finally was able to read to him

Jane Meyer's

The Man and the Vine

which I had won back in November -

I had hoped to read it to this lovely 3 year old earlier

but am so happy that I finally was able to.

Of course, the book is now a new favourite!

(Other favourites include a vintage Golden Book called

Funny Bunny

which we do all the scampering, hopping and running actions to.)

I had the results of the biopsy

that I needed the week I suddenly had the

'volcanic eruption on my face' rash

and what the dermatologist thought I had is confirmed.

I am having some follow up tests to make sure

that there is not an underlying health problem

that this rash was indicating.

Some of the possible health problems are, well,

scary would be a good adjective.

Please pray for me as I wait for the results...

still have one more test to get done.

*

I am in the hands of God

and cannot be more cared for than I am right now.

I am seeking to remember and rest in this

as I wait.

Christmas trees are so beautiful!
My Mom told me that our tree is up and waiting for me,
My Dad helped do the tree!
*
If all works as planned I am going (Saturday) on a quick day trip to the
for which I am so grateful.
*
And this weekend I hope to make two vegan chocolate cakes for our
St. Nicholas Day celebration this Sunday.
*
Still doing some job search activities,
emails flying back and forth,
phone calls;
trying to throw as much job-seeking 'balls' in the air
as I can right now.
*
Trusting in God's mercy,
asking your prayers
and Thanking God for all He is and has done for us!

7 comments:

RW said...

Glad to hear of this goodness in your life.

Matushka Anna said...

What a lovely day! I'm glad you had such a good time, and so many good things to look forward to.

. said...

I hope you get to go to the monastery! That will be a much need time of rest for you :)

Michelle M. said...

I will be praying for you as you await the results. I hope you'll ave peace while you wait. Enjoy the time at the monastery and thanks for praying for us while you are there. I really appreciate that.

Martha said...

I hope all goes well regarding your rash. I bet you're looking forward to getting "home" to see your family and help decorate that tree.
Beautiful tree photos...I love the string of popcorn! I've always wanted to do that.
And I hope you have a HAPPY St. Nicholas day! We are going to open presents that day.

Pres. Kathy said...

I love your pictures. I am glad you had a nice time with your friend.

elizabeth said...

Yes! So much goodness! Yes, I hope so too Sarah that God willing I will be going to the monastery!

Yes, I am looking forward very much Marfa to being home with my family! Have a blessed St. Nicholas day!! Thanks for liking the photos! My friends did such a good job with thier tree!

Thank you so much Michelle for your prayers. This is a real encouragment to me - it is hard to wait for results!

Thank you Pres Kathy, I am so greatful for the time I had with them!