Monday, June 02, 2014

Another step: lighting first lampadas in new home




Saturday night I got out 5 of our lampadas 
and lit them by the icons I have found
thus far.
*
It is good to have their light in this new home.
*
Today is the beginning of the rest of our time in our new home;
my parents are safely back home, Mr. Husband took a new
route to work this morning for the first time;
I can't find my camera battery charger.
That's the worst for me, which is not that bad considering 
the state of things world-wide.
*
We got the roll-up blackout shades in cream
and some were cut wrong and don't fit the windows.
*
We had a wonderful impromptu dinner at our dear friend's home
last night... they are a mere 5 minute walk away!
*
The things to do are so much that I am not even bothering with a list.
*
Mr. Husband gave me this book late Saturday night....
after we realized we left the cheese we bought at the store register,
the blinds did not all work and I was so tired.
*
I miss my parents but am so thankful that they were here;
they helped so much.
*
My laundry is piling up and that is going to be one of the main tasks for today.
That and hoping to find my camera battery charger.
Unpacking more boxes.
Calling my Grandma ~ it's her birthday today.

2 comments:

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Happy Birthday to your Grandma!

Lisa said...

Congrats on finishing your move and wishing you much happiness as you settle in! :)