Monday, April 28, 2014

Holy Week and Pascha ~ a great book for children!


A few people have asked about the book in this picture.
First, it is a wonderful book!
It is published by St. Nectarios' Press and is found here
It has classical iconographic images,
a page on each day of Holy Week and then Pascha.
The pages are very text heavy, with great images.
For the youngest kids I would tell the story of the icons on the page
and use some of the text for guidance. 
*
For older kids (depending on the kid perhaps ages 5 and up) the whole text can be read.
It's a great book to read one page a day for the day we are in!
Or do it before so that they have an overview! 
*
It is a book that I ordered for our church bookstore.
It was snapped up quickly and I have already ordered more
by popular request!
It comes in soft cover and hard cover.

1 comment:

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

It looks truly wonderful. I think I need a copy for myself :-)