Monday, December 05, 2011

Loss in the beginning of the Holidays


My Oma just in the days before she fell

finished 7 scarves;

one for my Mom, one for my Aunt,

one each for two of my cousins

and one for me and one for my sister.

My Mom gave me my scarf from Oma

yesterday; one last gift.

*

It's hard to imagine that she is really gone.

She was such a strong woman.

And a woman who loved God and her family.

*

Found out tonight that

one of my sister's friends

her age,

just died of cancer.

*

So much loss and so quickly.

*

My parents and others go tomorrow to Brampton.

Others of us,

including myself,

go Wednesday.

Visitation Wednesday night.

Funeral service and burial Thursday.

Will return late Thursday night.

*

My proposal for the 3 month contract is due Friday.

For new calendar

St. Nicholas Day

I have a ride to the monastery and

need to go there more than ever.

*

I can't tell you how amazed my family is by

the timing of everything with my Oma's death.

How even the days my sister and brother-in-law

have for family are the ones

that are when we will be going to Brampton.

God's mercy is very abundant in the midst of all this.

*

Please pray for us and also my sister Rebecca

as to lose a friend who is still young

and one's Oma in the same

week

is very hard.

*

Yet God is with us all

and promises to never leave or abandon us.

8 comments:

Janelle thegeekywife said...

God's grace is so apparent in this. Love.

Nicole said...

May her memory be eternal.

DebD said...

what a blessing to get one last gift from your Oma. prayers for you continue.

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Prayers continue from our home too.
Much love.

Mimi said...

What a bittersweet blessing indeed. Love to you and hugs, my friend. My heart hurts for your loss.

Martha said...

Such a nice scarf...knowing that you were in her thoughts as she worked on that gift for you.

Joanna said...

I am so sorry for your loss, dear one...I am glad you are with your family, and that all can be together. Memory Eternal for Oma.

Hugs,
Babushka Joanna

E Helena E said...

Am continuing to keep you all in my prayers. Love to you.