Sunday, December 04, 2011

My Beloved Oma: Memory Eternal!




(above pictures from the Holland Christian Home

where my Oma lived).


From an email I just wrote:

My Oma survived surgery and

then last night at 2 AM she was checked by the nurse and was fine.

When my Oma was checked at 4 AM,

she was found passed away to life eternal.

I write with tears but with trust in

God's mercy for my Oma and

that my Oma is no longer suffering.
I am home (as already planned by God's mercy)

with my family in Michigan.

We got the phone call at 7 AM this morning.

Please keep us in your prayers -

My Oma was 102 years old, to be 103 December 24th.

We praise God that we all got to see her before this happened.

It was such a nice time.

We are really going to miss my Oma;

she was so strong and always there loving her family,

knitting and cooking for us.

For my dear Orthodox friends,

please also remember my Oma Grace as newly departed.

May God remember my Oma in His Kingdom

and have mercy on us all!

Memory Eternal, Memory Eternal, Memory Eternal!

18 comments:

Sarah in Indiana said...

May her memory be eternal! I'm so glad you had the opportunity to spend family time with your Oma this week, and that you are now with your family and not alone. God is good and merciful.

Peacocks and Sunflowers said...

Very sad news. I'm so glad you have so many wonderful memories of your Oma. Memory eternal!

. said...

Memory eternal! Glad you are with your family right now! Love to you

TeresaAngelina said...

Memory Eternal! I shall keep your Oma, Grace by name, in my prayers. Good that you are home.

Matushka Anna said...

Oh, Elizabeth, I'm so sorry. May her memory be eternal! I hope that the memories of the time you spent with her so recently will be a comfort to you in your grief. (((hugs)))

Michelle M. said...

I am so very sorry for your loss. What a blessing to be in MI with your family during this time. Prayers for you all. May her memory be eternal!

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Memory Eternal.....
I am keeping you all in my prayers, and will be praying the Psalter for your dear Oma.
Sending hugs from us in Wales, dear Elizabeth.

Janelle thegeekywife said...

Memory Eternal.

During church today I "accidentally" prayed for her while praying for others who have reposed. Her name, Grace, just popped up in my mind.

Praying for y'all.

Joanna said...

Memory eternal. Love you, Elizabeth.

Babushka Joanna

DebD said...

Sorry to read this. May her memory be eternal!

GretchenJoanna said...

It is a great loss -- no one can take her place on the earth, and in your life. May her memory be eternal! (My grandmother's name was Grace.)

Xen Xen said...

Hugs and love! Memory Eternal, Oma Grace.

mamajuliana said...

Memory Eternal...I am glad you are home with family.

Anastasia Theodoridis said...

Oh, my, just as we were all rejoicing she seemed to be doing so well.

God was so merciful in allowing you all to be with her so recently, and in the fact that you're home now.

Memory eternal!

Empower Her Faith | AL said...

I am so sorry for your loss Elizabeth! May her memory be eternal! May the Lord comfort you and your family! What a wonderful gift and blessing though it was for all the family to gather together these previous days and spend them with her! Sending you my love and hugs!

Maria said...

May God grant rest to her soul!

Mimi said...

While in no way do I minimize your loss, and grieve with you my dear friend, I am so thankful that she went so peacefully and quietly. That's truly a good death.

Love to you during this difficult time. May her Memory be Eternal, I lit a candle for her soul yesterday at Liturgy.

tamie marie said...

I'm so glad you are there with your family, and that your Oma had such a rich and full and good life. But this is hard and a very real loss. Many blessings on your whole family during this time.