Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Family, Grief and prayer requests


This was our family Christmas tree this year;


we did not have time or the energy to put up


our tall tree this year;


we did the presents for Christmas and our Christmas dinner


early since my sister and bro-in-law


are leaving tomorrow...


we had our early Christmas dinner Sunday night.



It was a fish day for me so we all had


really nice salmon for dinner.



My sister and bro-in-law leave tomorrow


for Romania.


I will miss them...


*


Today was a bit of a 'recovery' day for me as last week


was so intense with grief, traveling, family gatherings


and a 10 hour work day on Friday


to submit the proposal...


and we had not gotten home until 1 AM Friday morning


from Brampton so it really was a very


great effort the next day.


My family helped or I would of not even made it...


*

I had a hard day today;


getting back to things and not having a lot of energy.


I hope tomorrow is better and am taking things


one moment at a time.


*

Asking your prayers for Noah as he had to have a




and also for Jan, the Mother-in-law of Katherine who


many of us in the blog world have known


and loved for years;


my heart was heavy to read that Jan had fallen




esp. as this is what happened to my Oma just


days ago...

*

I am thinking that I need to read some things on grief;


in our fallen world all die;


my Oma was 20 days from being 103 years old;


but as my spiritual father has said many times,


no matter how old the loved one is when


they die, they still die too young.


I wear the scarf my Oma had just knitted and mittens


that she knitted a year or so ago.


At some point I will do a service for her at my church;


I have prayed the Akathist to the Lord for the departed;


but I still feel like there should be something


more I can do, somehow...


I hope in time to be able to do so.


For now all I can say is that


I still miss my Oma...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much, dear friend. Your prayers are a blessing. I'll update on evlogia soon, but she's doing much better. Glory to God!

My love to you and to your Oma, memory eternal! Oh, how she must be comforted by your love for her.

Janelle thegeekywife said...

Couldn't have said it better than Katherine... Hugs.

TeresaAngelina said...

Give yourself the grace of time, Elizabeth. You will heal. You will. You will also never be the same. And that is okay. You've lost someone precious and yet, you have not lost her at all. I remember how hard it was when my mother died at just shy of 58...it will take time. And this time will always be changing. You are surrounded by those whom you care about and who care about you. Rest. And know that you are uplifted in prayer, as is your Oma.

Sarah in Indiana said...

In eternity, 103 is the blink of an eye. Death was not God's plan for us no matter the age, so even when someone has lived a long, full life, (for this fallen world) death is difficult for us to accept. Thanks be to God that in his mercy, death is not permanent, and we remain united with the departed through the Body of Christ. God grant you comfort as you grieve.

Empower Her Faith | AL said...

May the Lord comfort you dear Elizabeth. You are in my prayers dear friend. Sending you my love and hugs.

Mimi said...

I agree, the gift of grace indeed to you!
Your priest's words are so wise.
My love and prayers continue.

Joanna said...

(((Elizabeth))) I understand...we lost my mil in Nov., and my fil only a year and a day before her. My father died 4 1/2 years ago...it is still difficult. We love you, and we are here for you...even if we are a long way away physically.

Hugs,
Babushka Joanna