Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Wednesday - A snow filled blur...

It snowed all day here.
I was only 10 minutes late to work.
The roads are fine, we have maybe an extra foot of snow.
*
My first day of work.
My goodness.
I was thrown in to the waters with minimal
but very clear
instructions
and raced around via the computer for the rest of the day.
High pressured, a bit frantic, and new.
*
I felt like I was plunged into a sudden vortex
into a strange but very real fast-paced fiction.
*
I will have to learn to get my inner balance at this new place.
It will come by God's mercy.
*
I ask your prayers;
I feel like I've never experienced a day like this one before.
*
I can't tell you how much your prayers for my first day
mean to me.
Thank you.
*
God is with us.

9 comments:

Michelle M. said...

I love the label of your post :) I hope your next day will be a bit less chaotic and stressful.

Matushka Anna said...

Maybe tomorrow will have less "blizzard-like" conditions. (c;

Prayers and hugs.

Beth said...

Yes, wishing you a less hectic day tomorrow. Nothing like snow on your first day.

Thank you for your encouragement and kind words. Tonight one of the tinies ripped the corner of one of our icons. Sometimes when they do things I don't like, it is hard to remember that they too are Christ in my life.

Peaceful day to you and prayers for Mara.

margaret said...

Temporary work can be scary - they sometimes expect you just to slot in and be able to do it all right away. I used to find that temping as a secretary - I was trying to learn phone extensions and learn the filing system and someone would be yelling at me for not putting sugar in his coffee. He'd forgotten his last secretary had been there 20 years *sigh* Hang in - you'll get it. It won't be as bad today.

Peacocks and Sunflowers said...

Congratulations on the first day! Tomorrow will at least be less new :) Fr S reminded me yesterday to accept everything that comes - *everything* - as a gift from God, and to offer it back to Him, especially when we are not sure what else to do with it!

Martha said...

Amazing how the weather reflected the emotions and feelings in your new job! Love ya...all will get better.

RW said...

Yes. Yeah for the first day being over. I think I would have been very stressed about being late on the first day.

Athanasia said...

The first day of any job is a hectic blur because everything is so new. Then each subsequent day is less so. Be at peace.

mamajuliana said...

Here is hoping today went better!