Thursday, February 17, 2011

Ottawa in the winter

I took this picture a week or so ago

when I was awake due to the noise of these trucks!

I still find this fascinating - to see how the snow

in a city is removed.

So much snow! This truck was filled up in one block!

Empty trucks were right behind for more snow...

They have to go outside of the city to dump the snow in

predetermined spots, esp. as the snow has salt in it...

Last weekend we had sun and then really quickly

a huge wind snow storm

and within 30 minutes it was sunny again.

Typical weather for downtown Ottawa!

Ottawa is a pretty socially reserved city...

the main topic if one were to talk to a stranger

is the weather...

Still waiting to hear about the job I applied for.
Sounds like I can apply for more contract work
where I am now,
so I need to update my resume, again.
*
Work is going well.
Tiring; it takes a while to get used to a new place,
but I can say that I like where I am and
that is no small thing.
*
I am trying not to get anxious about my job and money
future, but can tell that it is still on my mind a bit.
*
Am glad tomorrow is Friday.

5 comments:

E Helena E said...

That first picture is so cool!
May God's peace surround you as you continue to wait.

Michelle M. said...

In NYC, they dump the snow in the Hudson River. I think that is pretty interesting.

Continued prayers for you, but I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying your job.

Athanasia said...

I thought they dumped snow in the waterways in Canada too.

Thanks for the pictures. It's always interesting to see the sights where others live.

Meadowlark Days said...

brr! looks like fun. a blessed lent to you!

Cristina said...

Have a nice week end! Prayers for your next job. *Bisous!*