Monday, February 21, 2011

Holiday Monday

I stayed at a friend's place over night.
It was good.
Cleo is glad to have me back home. :)
*
My Akathists came!!
I am going to read the extended story of St. Nicholas
that is in the book with Akathist and Service to St. Nicholas soon!
Talked to a good friend tonight...
one of the things we talked about was that for us
it is better to read a Saint story than something
more on the academic side of Orthodoxy.
Everyone is different and I am glad that there is a place for
us all.
*
I am almost done with my St. Seraphim book;
was really great to read;
I am finding that I am really craving Saints books.
Any suggestions for further reading?
*
Talked with another friend today,
she suggested that I make a website for
Orthodox information,
of course there is a lot out there,
but I told her that could be a fun project for me to do,
but I would do it in blog form...
Wouldn't that be fun?! It would not be to recreate what is already out there
but to let you know where 'what is already out there' is.
That's what librarians do... :)
I think I will try
but I must tell you up front that I don't have the time to
commit to bringing it to light anytime soon,
but it is a good thing to work towards.
*
Tomorrow I have to do another job application
finish making soup, maybe make chicken fajitas,
keep dishes under control and
errands.
*
I am realizing that I am getting really tired of applications
and job searching.
*
God is good to us.

7 comments:

E Helena E said...

This is one of my very favourites of all your photos. Look forward to such a blog some time in the future! Love to you.

Sarah in Indiana said...

Ahh, an Orthodox web catalog of sorts. Sounds like a cool project. Of course the librarianship aspect of your post is the part that strikes me. :)

Anonymous said...

I agree with you on reading Saint's stories. That's just how I'm made.

Joanna

RW said...

I think you are right. Different things appeal to different people. I am more drawn to less emotional spiritual texts - I prefer more theological reflective writings rather than saints stories but can appreciate why they need to be told and shared.

hang in there with the job applications. keeping you in my thoughts.

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Enjoy the Akathists ! I love praying them, and the one to St Nicholas is an especial favourite.

About ten years ago, I was devouring theological tomes, though I much prefer reading Saints' lives these days.

Have you read Mother Gavrilia, or Elders Macarius and Barsanuphius of Optina ?

I also re-read Fr Seraphim Rose's biography a few times a year, and find it very inspirational..

Pres. Kathy said...

What a good idea about doing a blog like that. It would be so useful to so many people. Sending you lots of hugs!

GretchenJoanna said...

hmm...you could start creating a Page on your blog (not a Post), and then when you have what seems like enough material on it, publish it. It can always be added to.

I hope you can do it! Yes, other people have done similar things, but each collection is unique, and valuable.