Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Tea and Breakfast Station 🫖☕️✔️ + Miraculous Help

Milk and Yogurt are in 3 glass jars with 3 ice 🧊 packs in the bright floral lined mini-freezer bag that's in the basket behind the bag of granola with the already filled electric tea kettle! 🫖☕️🙃 the MUFFINS are in a plastic bowl with a seal tight lid ... in the basket hiding behind the tea 🫖 kettle 🥰💞

It means so much that I can do breakfast (with advanced planning) on my own! The more independent I can be the better! 

And tomorrow I get to try my new tea!!!🎉🎊🕯🎊🎉🎊💞💞💞💞🫖🫖🫖🫖

Of course I am not at all HAPPY about this!🤣🙃🙃🙃🙃

Seriously though when in summer of 2017 we had to hire help I had to depend on my Husband, and various daily helpers for everything... Talk about a steep learning curve 😳😥 that was SO HARD especially because we had an ongoing unbloggable hard that went on in total for 2 years and we were in the second year when I broke my ankle badly and was totally incapacitated. I was on bedrest for 2 months and the first week I was a huge fall risk and needed help getting out of bed so I could hobble to the bathroom! 😳😥 (I eventually got a cast and a social worker and at home PT) .... sometimes I had my daily help, social worker, PT and another helper come all on the same day! It was so busy! My local priest came once a week and gave me Confession and Communion. 🙏❤️ 

So I have permission to go to church once this weekend (I have to sit the whole time and because of extra stairs cannot stay for coffee hour 😔) BUT it will be so exciting to be in church and be able to have Communion this Sunday DV... 

So now you know WHY having more independence and my tea and breakfast station is so meaningful to me! 🫖☕️❤️

I could even light a candle for prayer 🙏 🕯❤️☦️🕯💞

All things I could not do for the summer of 2017.  So the doctor wants me up 30 minutes and then down (foot up) 30 minutes so I am going to "walk" around our house with my crutches (partial weight bearing) so I don't loose strength. It took me MONTHS to regain strength after the bad ankle break and WEEKS of PT at a PT place too.  So it's really important that I do what the doctor says. Of course I will rest and nap too. And if I nap for more than 30 minutes I am not worried.  But I will for sure get up also because being down all the time = risk of blood clots.

Well now it's time to sleep. 

Oh wanted to mention....

It was one of St John's feast days. He was an amazing Saint who often visited the sick even in miraculous ways (like showing up unannounced to sick who God told him about).  Maybe that seems strange to you? However I remember a friend who got desperately sick in Columbia no one knew where she was sick in bed (unable to leave the bed at all!) For 2 weeks until a woman burst in saying God told her where my friend was, picked her up out of bed and took her to the hospital! She would have died. God used that woman....!!! It was before cell phones no in Canada (her home) knew where she was she missed her flight back they were FRANTIC.... 

So St John is one of my and many other favorite Saints. I personally talk with a woman who as a child in Shanghai saw Saint John.  I could go on....🕯☦️🙏❤️

But it's late. Tomorrow I hope to video chat with friend. I can tell loneliness is one of my big challenges for the next while so that will help a lot...

May God bless and sustain us 🙏 


1 comment:

Martha said...

I agree, St. John is a wonderful saint and intercessor!