Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Home! Surgery was Sucessful πŸ₯°


I listened to a lot of the Liturgy on headphones 🎧 πŸŽΆπŸ™ it was sunny and peaceful 🌞


I was struggling to stay calm (and not cranky) when I had no food or water since the night before and had the IV port in my arm for a good 3 hours before the surgery! It was starting to throb.... but the surgery went GREAT πŸ‘ ..... 


As I wrote a kind friend....who asked how the surgery went....

Hi! Thank God it went well! They were over an hour behind so I didn't get home till 5 PM when originally I was told I would be home by 2. But the pain compared to my broken ankle some years back is more manageable and I have medicine and ice packs. The doctor said I could go to church this weekend but only to the service not to coffee hour because of all the stairs. After doing the stairs coming up with my crutches it wasn't hard but my foot started hurting more. I see the doctor a week Wednesday so that's not so bad. I'll need the crutches for the next week at least. But I can use my heel on my hurt foot so it's easier to use the crutches!

I'm definitely tired but that's to be expected!

THANKS to everyone here for your prayers!! They really helped a lot!

Tomorrow I plan on taking it easy and enjoying tea and books maybe even a movie!

My husband has been a trooper I was very glad that the hospital I was at wasn't that far from our house... Not next door but not far using the highway! So he was home after I went into the what they call the holding area... So that was good and then I called him and told him when to come back! He's taking good care of me!

Again thank you everyone for your prayers!

5 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

What a relief to have the surgery done and to be home again. I'm glad you have your husband to take good care of you. Good plan to take things easy!!

Rosemary said...

So glad it went well! Prayers for a fast and easy recovery!

greta said...

whew! that's done and dusted. now you can concentrate on recovering. praying that all goes well and that you will soon be back on your feet (foot!)

Martha said...

Glory to God for all things! I hope you heal up nicely.

GretchenJoanna said...

Oh! I was gone so much I missed this big event completely. I'm glad everything went well, and I hope you continue to make the most of your period of convalescing. May God heal. <3