Monday, October 24, 2022

A Quiet Cloudy Monday

Well hello again. 👋 

Today has been quiet.  

Today I read a a lot of Hofstadter. I realize most of my readers here don't know who he is. He's a secular Renaissance man in many ways, from brilliance in math, computer science and physics, music, languages + translation and cognitive science.  I like him though we approach life quite differently because he is an atheist and most people here know that I am an Orthodox Christian ☦️.  

But I have a long term fascination with intellectual and cultural history and he is part of that, winning the pulitzer prize in 1980.

I am trying to track down various ideas and Douglas Hofstadter is part of this search.

Frankly I am more than ever happy to have things like this to interest me because of my convalescence. 

It's a strange loneliness because I have to be on the couch a lot and can't be up and about at home.  So part of the difficulty is just not being able to be doing things. 

So having things to read is more important than ever so I don't feel low about the situation at hand.

My foot has been hurting a bit more asking your prayers. 

Anyway that's how it is. 

May God have mercy on us 🙏❤️


3 comments:

Martha said...

Oh, reading a Kusmi tea... Delightful! May God relieve you from pain and heal you!

Rosemary said...

Prayers for pain relief and your continued recovery! I am glad you have an abundance of things to read at this time, being less mobile is very real suffering. God bless!

Granny Marigold said...

It's a good thing you have lots of reading material to keep you from getting too frustrated with not being able to do much.