Saturday, October 22, 2022

progress and a lot of reading


I made it to Vespers!!!! Thank God. 

Tomorrow DV: Liturgy 🙏 + Coffee Hour☕️ 

I have been reading about a 14th century figure named Ockham.  He was influential in popularizing nominalism which denies universal essence of things.

I know. Random right? 

Well it fits with my writing project research. 

I am trying to trace changes in thought about truth and how that plays out today.  Including with how we understand truth and what it means to be alive as a person. 

It's more complicated/specific than that of course.  

It's my philosophic side. It can get me really excited because I like puzzles. How things fit together. 

I found some essays to read DV on Monday.  And a book to consider getting from my library. 

Those essays will DV be in part a reward for reading more on Ockham via Stanford Philosophy website (at points it's such tedious reading that I need serious breaks).  Like it numbs my brain. 

We had chili and corn bread today. SO GOOD. 

I am so grateful that I was able to do baking in advance. 

I did more walking today around the house! The gauze wrapped around my toes/on my foot is pulling and bothering me more than anything from what I can tell.  Wednesday I go back. It's not so bad really. 

One good thing about my convalescence is I have a lot of time to read and do research. More than normal in my life. 

By being thankful for what I have now I am much better than I would be otherwise. 

Well time to sleep 😴 

May God have mercy on us and save us 🙏 



1 comment:

Granny Marigold said...

Hopefully the problem with the irritating gauze will be fixed on Wednesday.