Saturday, October 08, 2022

a returned Christmas 🎄 card and snippets of life


Unexpectedly we got a returned mail yesterday. It was the Christmas card I went nearly a year ago to Hieromonk Nicholas who lived in the Combermere forest as a hermit monk.  He prayed at his liturgies for my Husband and myself. He never got our card that we sent in November.  He died - fell asleep in the Lord - last year - December 26th, 2021. I am keeping the card.  I cried as I opened it. ... he was a dear Monastic a gentle counselor and faithful in prayer. 

Somehow I hope getting this card returned somehow means that he is reminding me that he can pray for us still. 

May his memory be eternal!

We had just got back from the VNA rummage sale where I found this beautiful Delft creamer and bowl for a mere 3$ (new it would cost much more than this).

In a way a good reminder that all things are just that things and not eternal. 

I am glad to have beauty in our home however. Here's my fall Delft display! DV I will change it out for Christmas time!

My Husband and I are, as my Ottawa priest said, "unusually well matched" even both liking and collecting Delft pottery. 💙

I am hoping to make a double batch of soup today to freeze. I will also make sure that the turkey breast is ready and set the table for tomorrow's dinner. 

May God help us all 🙏🕯



2 comments:

Lisa said...

It certainly took a long time to return to you! It is sad, though.

Martha said...

Eternal memory!