Thursday, October 06, 2022

more preparation


I bought an extra meal on Tuesday at Tea and Sympathy. Had it tonight. Such a blessing. 

I made chili today.  Going in freezer!

I am having DV 8 people over for Canadian Thanksgiving this Sunday...I am doing the turkey breast in the crock pot, roasting Brussel sprouts and heating up premade sweet potatoes. Also Friends are bringing salad, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce and rolls. I also have Trader Joe's Camembert Cheese and Cranberry Sauce Fillo Bites for an appetizer.  I am not sure if these are still available I had them in our deep freeze!

The meal, especially with all the help, will be manageable.  If you didn't know me well perhaps doing a dinner party Sunday night when it's just a few days before my surgery may seem surprising. However it will actually be an encouragement to us because of being more limited in the first week/s of my convalescence.  Seeing friends is a comfort....

I am feeling nervous about the surgery at times. Especially because I don't know how incapacitated I will be. The hardest things will be (outside of pain crutches or whatever) is not being able to make my tea or meals. 

I am going to make my own tea-and-treat basket so that my Husband doesn't need to find things.  

I am still brainstorming about the tea aspect.  Maybe there is a way 🤔....🫖🫖🫖🫖🫖 if I can get the electric kettle with electric power strip and have on dining room table 🤔 I could make my tea.....🤔

Tea is one of my biggest forms of daily encouragement (and hydration) so it's natural that I would be thinking about it! 🫖☕️🫖

Well hopefully I will be able to report back on that one....

I now have 3 turkey casserole, beef stroganoff (and mushrooms to add to + could add to a prepared cream pasta), pasta meat sauce and chili in freezer + chicken burgers chicken strips + veggie burgers.  Believe it or not I have a spreadsheet to remind me of meal options! It helps me!

I am trying to be sure that meals are easy for over a month... 

I also have some special treats in the freezer....

And two books to read + one more coming...

So it goes. 

I know I am blessed in so many different ways...

May God have mercy on us!


1 comment:

Granny Marigold said...

You're as prepared as possible. I hope your dinner will go well. Happy Thanksgiving!!