Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Reading 📚 Progress, Writing and Healing


I finished Persuasion by Jane Austen! Such a lovely novel! It was so fun reading the letters!!! I really enjoyed it. 

We went to the foot doctor! My toes look like Frankenstein cartoons with the big stiches across the front! It's kinda cool. And importantly no infection.  I have new dressing on my foot. It's still sore at times.  I am allowed to walk on it flat footed now (not just on the heel). But no bending.  And surgical shoe when walking.   Next week my stitches hopefully will come out.  Then I will have some sort of toe guard + surgical shoe.  I look forward to walking normally and sure hope it's "better than ever"... right now I still have to elevate it a lot. I can tell because of how it feels (it can get sore swollen feeling when up.)

We did the beautiful Akathist "Glory to God for All Things" and it was a great way to celebrate and say "thank You"... it's the most beautiful meditation on life and the beauty of nature glorifying God that I have ever come across. See it HERE.

I have another new (to me) book to read 📚 tomorrow. Books have been such a help! Also today I worked on my writing project again.  That was wonderful. 

I am so glad that I did all that cooking!  Tomorrow we will have turkey casserole again!  

Next week I am thinking of making spaghetti casserole.  We have the meat sauce already + cheese in the freezer.  I would just have to cook up some noodles which I can do now.  I could add some frozen spinach to it perhaps. 🤔🍝🧀.... 

May God guide us protect us and save us 🙏 

No comments: