Sunday, October 02, 2022

Beauty and hope admist great loss


Church was beautiful. 

While we were in Ottawa the eldest daughter of a newly ordained priest daughter, not yet 10, died. 

Today we heard him speak courageously about his daughter and communion with Christ.   

I felt like I was seeing such bravery in the midst of such great loss. It unlike anything I have seen, him standing there preaching to us of the love his daughter had for the church, the communion with Christ that we are called to. 

I understand that we can pray for her always (time and birth and death are not barriers to God or our prayers). And that now she is waiting for us. 

And in that waiting we meet in prayer. 

May God remember us all in His Kingdom!

1 comment:

Granny Marigold said...

To which I can only add Amen.