Friday, January 31, 2020

(158) Yesterday's Blessings + Today's











 


I went to liturgy yesterday morning, forgot to take even one picture!
So the pictures begin with breakfast after I was back home from church. 
I love the ease of the fast-free days, which Thursday is one
(normally we fast from dairy and meat Wednesday and Friday, 
health permitting of course).
I had a bowl of the chicken soup that I made for L but, of course, 
made a huge batch of because I always do things 'big' in the kitchen! 
Yesterday I was able to pick up / tidy the house...
it always takes me about a week (or 5 days at least) to fully cleanup
from a big dinner party.
And I tackled Mt Laundry again.
I am slowly listening to Tolkien's Silmarillion via audible. 
I felt really wiped out from the business of this past week
and am just trying to pace myself.
Naps, staying hydrated (a constant struggle), eating well...
While I love my treats, I try to have them sparingly and 
have protein snacks, etc.  The one thing I am always needing more of is
vegetables.  But one thing at a time.  
***
Please pray for L. she is struggling still with her breathing
and may have to move from Rehab soon and it is all very concerning.
***
Please continue to pray for Australia; my friend S emailed me that there are
new fires and smoke is still an issue, beyond the fires. :(
***
Today is another cleaning day.
I need to do more laundry.
House blessing is this Sunday so trying to get
everything clean and ready!
***
Tomorrow I hope to make the chocolate torte for Sunday's meal.
Yesterday we replaced both light bulbs in +Patrick's lamp.
It is so beautiful.  
I was telling Mr Husband that we may have never realized that the bottom
globe has a light as well if it had not been working when we got it.
There is a lot of metaphor possibility in this thought.
How many times we may miss something so simple as knowing
where a light is to shine and make everything beautiful with its light....
***
Well, life just keeps hopping...I need to go back to NYC this coming Tuesday.
Life is full and good, but full of events and it is tiring.
But God is with us... 

3 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

I love the beautiful lamp in the last picture.
Also noticed the Hummingbird mug...so pretty!

Lisa said...

The Summer Garden plates are very pretty.

pleximama said...

What a sumptuous table!