Thursday, January 09, 2020

(136) A little about these early Christmas January days












Christmas Day was beautiful. 
I will write more about how blessed we are later.
I was hit again, when we came home from Christmas day,
with our luggage (we had a hotel so we could go to all the services
without the long drive to our far-away church), a few groceries and 
some really thoughtful gifts,
and, like every Christmas before, I expected to see my Cleo Cat.
Only to remember she is gone.
So for that, and a few other things that are heavy on my heart
right now, this was a season that was harder for me than some.
But the wonderful thing is that God is with us
when we are going through sorrows.
***
I am really tired and I have a dinner party tomorrow
so I am going to post this and work on that.
***
I am dealing with some heart-heavy stuff that I can't write about
and that will ultimately be OK but has to be gone through.
We all have things like this, I know.
Welcoming prayers though!
***
Asking prayers still for L - she is still on oxygen at times and
progress is slow and I know she is suffering.
***
God is with us and Christmas reminds us of His love
and how He came to live with us and save us
and that He came nearly unannounced to be with us in our pain
and to save us, to comfort us, to guide us...

8 comments:

Pom Pom said...

Prayers for you, sweet one. I think there might be a kitten in your future. You are such a great cat mom. A little kitten would be so loved and blessed by you.
I'm glad Christmas has been so merry and warm for you.

elizabeth said...

Thanks Pom Pom!!! I know this to be true but sadly for various reasons a cat at this point in our lives is not an option! I agree with what you said though about my being a good carer of Cats! :)

Lisa said...

A blessed Christmas to you, Elizabeth!

GretchenJoanna said...

A blessed feast, Elizabeth! Christ is born!

Granny Marigold said...

I'm sorry you have a heavy burden threatening to crush you. I hope you will soon overcome it.
Your dinner table is all set with pretty dishes. I hope the meal goes well.

elizabeth said...

Thanks Granny Marigold....with God's help it will be ok but it is difficult. I have a long day ahead of me of meal prep....

Martha said...

Christ is Born! What beautiful tables...the feast is always best when friends and family gather around.

Nancy said...

I am sorry that your heart is heavy with missing Cleo and other issues. God will give you peace!

Blessings!