Wednesday, January 15, 2020

(142) Rest Day

   


 I prepared for this day the night before...
getting all the dishes done... 



And even setting the table for breakfast...
Fast-Free Wednesday and the 9th day of Christmas! 



Today I enjoyed my Paris tea (I bought the tin the first time
and now by it by the pound, it is much more economical 
that way and I have finished at least one 1lb bag already!) ... 
tea is such a comfort! 




We had another caramel tasting and guessing...I guessed rightly this time!


Mr Husband fixed a pair of his pants, 
I got him the supplies to do so :)


We went on a walk today...
and I slept in and later had a hot bath and in general
feel more rested and very thankful for that. 



For lunch we had organic chicken strips, rice and carrots.
Simple and enjoyable for fast-free Wednesday
(we usually fast from meat this day but it is the 12 days of Christmas
so no fasting today!) 
***
Later on I went through my cookbook shelves and culled over 20 books.
And then I rearranged the books and really like how I did this. 
I have a little more to do yet when I put some more books 
that are in storage there but all of my Ohio cookbook finds 
are now on the shelves!
(Did I show those to you? I can't remember, I got them at the Ohio Bookstore
in Cincinnati the day after my birthday!) 



I am slowly doing some de-cluttering; 
not at all to have a 'minimalist' look, no thank you!
but just making things more tidy. 
***
I have some new recipe ideas to try soon,
including a simple chicken that could pair well with a 
creamy pasta...with thick noodles... 
and I am still thinking about the cookie recipe I want to develop... 
***
Tomorrow afternoon I hope to go to NYC to my library...
I have books I need to return... 
so that will be nice...
***
One day at a time...
I am so thankful for this day.
***
May God help us and save us...
this is always what it comes down to for me...
a call for the Lord's mercy!

4 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

I'm happy that you had your rest day and hopefully you'll have a wonderful day in NYC.
Taste testing caramels is a great idea. I may steal that one for next Christmas.

Nancy said...

Taste tasting caramels? I would do the dark chocolate ones. Just let me know if you need any help.

Getting rid of excess stuff is a good thing and something I would like to do more than once in a blue moon. My husband has to be in just the right mood to agree.

Blessings to you and Mr. Husband.

Lisa said...

Sounds like a very good day!

Lisa Richards said...

Pleasant happenings, good food, good books. Glad you're feeling rested! :) Hugs!