Sunday, January 19, 2020

(146) A Restful Sunday (plus the last few days)


A delicious NYC breakfast with my Husband on Friday
(fast free day!)




I made delicious chicken soup and remade it again on Friday evening
(we had the last of it tonight!)
and I made Marion Cunningham's Rescue Biscuits that are so good.
Here's how I re-did the soup from what I already had,
as I wrote earlier on social media:

"[we had]...Chicken soup and biscuits for dinner tonight (again) for Fast-free Friday! I made a new broth with carrots and a big spoonful of sour cream (cooking the carrots in butter first and adding the broth to the carrots and butter)...then I added the noodles that soaked up yesterday's soup broth at the last minute! I added a bit of chicken bullion (the better than bullion in a jar) to the broth before adding the sour cream. So delicious!!!!"
***
Today was the feast of Theophany,
Christ's baptism... the blessing of waters was after this... 





I was really tired so we did not stay terribly late at Church...
after naps at home, we did another taste testing of caramels... 
I made the mistake of blurting out what I thought it was while
Mr Husband was still deciding... 
(I was right btw)...
the idea behind this box of caramels is to treat it as a guessing 
taste game and the answers to what caramel is which is under the box,
that the cover slides over on both sides... 
It's been fun so far! 
I had thought we would do it over the 12 days of Christmas
but between being busy and that Mr Husband does not want to eat
sugar after 7 PM and and often comes home about then,
we just did not get to them... so we have time to enjoy them still! 


These pages from the later Mother Alexandra's book 
I Live Again really spoke to me. 



May God have mercy on us and save us! 

2 comments:

Pom Pom said...

I must find that book!
Your soup and biscuits look delicious!

Becki said...

That first photograph in your post is a most beautiful and serene picture. And how fun to taste the caramels and guess what is inside. Chocolate and caramel. I could get into that. :)