Sunday, January 12, 2020

(139) A full and lovely Sunday on the 6th day of Christmas


I took so many pictures today
but am just going to share two or three (of the same theme) for now.
6th day of Christmas, liturgy and the Church Christmas Party.
Driving home, a short nap, dinner and a few presents to open
(we were going to do one per 12 day of Christmas but missed the last FOUR days so...)


My Husband let me buy the above ginger covered in chocolate cookie...
actually I was given some similar for Christmas!
I have not opened them yet and am really curious to see how 
these 2 similar (same sort of cookie) compare!
***
I had ordered this as we were given this cookie a few Christmases ago
and I just LOVED it. 
***
I've been thinking about how food and memories and desire for 
specific foods are so intertwined.
I associated the Godiva Chocolate Almond Bark 
(one of the things I got with my birthday money) with last Christmas
which was such a happy one for us, 
on so many levels.
I ordered the above Lebkuchen because of memories
of a past happy Christmas.
***
I am DV having a fun day next week with a dear church friend in NYC
and a lot of the day will, I hope, be about food and tea.  
I am making plans and am really excited. 
***
I am still working through my unbloggable struggle
but am feeling like I am gaining ground, in part because of the time that
needs to pass to be able to see things clearly.
***
I met a new friend today who loves tea as much as I do.
That is saying something. 
***
My Mom made me chocolate revel bars (one of my ALL time faves) and is going
to mail them to me.
When I heard this I made her laugh by immediately saying
"move over Godiva" as I LOVE my Mom's chocolate revel bars beyond it.
***
I also told my Mom I am pretty much set for the year with treats,
esp. as I am more careful with the amount I eat of them...
moderation but not avoiding and enjoying.
***
Meanwhile, I am thinking of a tea I want to try,
some places in NYC I want to see
and how so much of it has to do with food.
It's a theme in my life, but a happy one and one that
I find helps me with things.
***
Well, I don't have anything profound to say about all of that
just musing out loud...
***
May God bless and save us!

2 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

I had to smile when I read that you're pretty well set for treats for the year! Those ginger cookies covered with chocolate are intriguing. I'll have to investigate since I love ginger and also chocolate.
It's so good that you are having a wonderful Christmas season ( in spite of unbloggable issues which I hope will soon be resolved).
Enjoy your week especially the trip to NYC.

Mat. Anna said...

I’m glad you can enjoy treats in moderation! That’s something I’m not able to do so I avoid.

It sounds like a lovely Christmas season! ��

You’re in my daily prayers.