Tuesday, January 14, 2020

(141) Today is St Basil's Day


















While I was not able to go to our far-away church for 
liturgy today on St Basil's day, 
I did go to the (new calendar) for St Basil's day on January 1st
and I am so glad I was able to go then! 
***
Today was a quiet day at home.
I got a lot of laundry done,
again scaling "Mount Laundry" that had 
been growing since before our Christmas on January 7th... 
(we already having been in a hotel 2 nights by the
morning of January 7th!).
I still have to put away the things in my suitcase;
it's just been such a busy time. 
***
We opened two gifts of books tonight
and now are enjoying a quiet evening and I hope an early bedtime.
***
I am really tired but I got a lot done,
I am still hoping for a rest day soon,
where I don't have tons of cleaning or other tasks to do.
I know I need the rest... 
***
May God help us and provide for us what we need
and may we know His mercy!
***
PS: I am loving this song 

3 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

You get a lot done in one day! I hope that rest day comes soon.

Juliana said...

I love The Robe. I read it in jr. high on a family vacation and I could not stop reading it! It's so good. I ran down a copy of my own a number of years ago, and I keep meaning to re-read it, but there are so many books on the stack always. :)

GretchenJoanna said...

It's nice that you and your husband share a love of books!! :-) I'm always interested to see what you are giving and reading. I also remember loving The Robe but that was certainly ages ago! My Antonia I didn't encounter until much later but it has been an eternal favorite.

Glad you are pacing yourself and not trying to tackle "everything" in one day. I am still processing my own Laundry Mountain bit by bit.

XO