Monday, January 20, 2020

(147) A Fun Day in NYC












It was a fun day.
Tea and Sympathy
Purl Soho
Trader Joe's
Harney and Sons in Soho
a Cookbook store! 
***
It was a really nice day.
Time to have tea, talk and eat nice
British food...
I bought a cute tin of Ceylon tea ...
while in the store...as I wrote earlier elsewhere... I... 
"was in NYC with a dear friend and we were in the store of tea and sympathy (a British pub tea house with a store next door) and my beloved Sweet Husband sent me a sweet GIF saying 'I love you' and I sent back one that I *thought* was of one holding a heart in the middle and being happy but NO. It was a BROKEN heart and SAD tears being cried!!! When I realized this, I immediate texted my mistake and APPROPRIATE loving GIFs (moving pictures basically) but all the while my friend and I were laughing SO HARD at my mistake that I nearly threw up. When I was telling my Husband about this tonight, I began laughing again so much that I had tears running down my cheeks... it was just too funny..."
***
So... Pom Pom, the book I mentioned in my last post - 
you can find I Live Again here...
it seems that it is a CRAZY high price on Amazon right now so I 
am linking to the direct publisher instead! 
***
It was so nice to have tea with my friend and to talk to her
about life and vice versa...
we don't get too much time to take off to do this,
so it was a really welcomed treat...
***
Tomorrow, cleaning house...and Mr Husband is home I believe
both Wednesday and Thursday this week
and Sunday night DV we are doing a Christmas dinner... 
(beef roast!) 
***
So it's going to be a busy week... 
***
I am thankful that we had this nice time... 
I feel all the better for it!
And it's so rare that my Husband
(who had the day off) has the house to himself,
so it was a win-win situation... :) 
***
Tomorrow, I look forward DV to trying my new tea...


May God save and protect us
and provide for us...
***
(I wish dear blog friends I could have YOU over for a cup of tea!)

6 comments:

Tracy said...

What a GREAT day out... friend, tea, treats, books... all the good things! FUN to see/hear about! :) Wishing you a blessed week, my friend ((HUGS))

Becki said...

It sounds like a lovely and fun day. Your story was pretty funny. I wonder what your husband's face looked like when he first received the wrong GIF.

GretchenJoanna said...

I was wondering the same as Becki :-)

elizabeth said...

Tracy, yes!!!

Becki: I texted him back really fast after my mistake so I think he got this nearly immediately but I would think that he thought it was funny... but I should ask him :)

Mat. Anna said...

Very fun day! I laughed at the emoji mistake!

Lisa said...

Harney & Sons! I love their White Christmas tea. :)