Wednesday, January 29, 2020

(156) Quickly, some thoughts



I still want to blog the pictures of the day and evening of the Christmas party.
Thank you for everyone who commented on it!  
Yes, it was a lot of work! I can only do a few bigger events like this a year! 
I saw L. on Monday and today.  She is still in Rehab recovering from 
all of her sicknesses... 
Yesterday I was in NYC all day and walked over 7 miles, a record for me; 
I did a lot of errands and the like. 
I am about at my limit of what I can do this week; 
I write about just because we don't know what the days bring.
I see more and more how I need to try to judge how I am doing
to know what I can reasonably expect to do in a day.
My friend gave me a warm soft, so very soft, blanket for my birthday
and it has been such a comfort. 
I made L. chicken soup; it reminded me of how I made chicken soup
last year for my friend Photini (who is much better and working again)... 
It was a busy day because Wednesdays my Husband is 
home and so I was on lunch and dinner duty + visiting L and making her soup.
And trying to make a dent in house cleaning.
That's the other side of a special dinner party: while the dishes are put away, 
I am still in the process of putting it all away
(the teapots, the silver plate from VNA rummage sales, etc etc).
If I don't write again right away, it's just that I am busy.
Tomorrow morning liturgy and then lots of house cleaning and the like
for our DV house blessing this Sunday!
And Saturday I will DV make a chocolate torte! 
May God bless and help us all! 

No comments: