Thursday, January 02, 2020

(129) A Day Alone at Home







I am sitting, unusually, in my office spot in our office.
My phone suddenly got full and so I need to transfer files onto my
external hard drives so they can be off of my phone.
So about today.
The Laundry Mountain has been scaled and victory was mine.
Tomorrow: folding all of that now-clean laundry! 
I got around to washing some delicates as well, 
a jacket, 2 dresses, a dress shirt.... 
so that was great! 
I put them all in big laundry bags for delicates and used
my special extra gentle detergent and washed on 
delicates and in cold water for both wash and rinse. 
It was great to get that done.
I also got dishes under control, put up new lights
under my kitchen counters and picked up various things. 
Tomorrow more cleaning, de-cluttering, working on my phone and
wrapping the gifts I have yet to wrap!
***
Nancy, I am so glad my answer was helpful! 
Your comments have often blessed me so of course I would take
your question seriously.
Thanks also to Granny Marigold for your encouragement!
***
I tried making an Asian version of wilted greens; I used
spinach to do so.  I think I need more of the sauces (like soy sauce)
and in the future will need rice wine I think.
I know I need to get better at eating green vegetables. 
***
I had fun listening to the Happy Holidays CD that is from the record,
the one I listened to as a child...
and loved so much...
***
May God have mercy on us.
And may the hope of Christmas truly be with us
all year long! 

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh the Christmas music from our childhoods - how we never forget it!

Granny Marigold said...

Sounds like you had a very productive day!!

Angie said...

Dear Elizabeth
It was indeed a very productive day! I want to wish you and your family a joyous, blessed and creative 2020. I always liked the calmness in your everyday life and it's in my New Year's resolutions to have a blessed home.Tot zo!

Lisa Richards said...

The only way I usually get greens is by sauteing spinach and adding it to my scrambled eggs. Better than nothing! My son and daughter-in-law love to listen to the old Christmas music of MY childhood on vinyl LPs. That was fun to know! Congrats on all the housework you accomplished! :)