Friday, January 03, 2020

(130) somethings take a very long time

Whew.
The House is clean and almost fully picked up.
The rest of the presents are wrapped and ready to go.
Tomorrow I will get out my Christmas cookies and 
put them in gift bags and the rest in a bag to give out,
to make sure everyone has something.
If I had not wrapped presents today I think I would 
be overwhelmed tomorrow so I am thanking God that I got
this all done today!
***
Part of today was a bit hard.
I often find the few days between
Christmas part 1 and New Years and then Christmas Part 2
a bit of a hard lull... I am always too busy to 
go out but can feel isolated just being home after
being with family.
It happens pretty much every year.
The battle really is in our minds.
***
And, the phone memory picture removal, 
that ended up failing last night
and then had many interruptions today and 
finally is done now!
So I deleted my photos and some videos from my phone
(I have a few church songs on video that I like to listen to 
when I am on a flight, esp ascent and descent... I kept those).
It was a bit hard to do (not that I have lost them) because
I had to get rid of my Cleo videos and pictures from my phone;
just felt so final and sad.  So I had to deal with that but am back at 
peace with Cleo's absence as much as one can be, 
when one loved one's pet so very much.
So now my phone has room for all the Christmas pictures.
***
It's going to be 3 days of church morning and night for 2 days I think and
then the morning of Christmas (Tuesday Jan 7th) so don't be surprised if
I can't blog at all or as much. 
***
Let me tell you that I feel like we who have old calendar Christmas but live
in countries that have December 25 Christmas that we end up doing double duty.
I had to keep my baking a bit more simple; 
I did not get any bars done this year.
But I have great cookies!
***
Well, here it comes: the days just before Christmas

3 comments:

Nancy said...

I understand about Cleo's videos and pictures. I still have Tiger's lap towel in the end table next to my chair. We still have their memories and that is what counts.

Granny Marigold said...

I can understand how having "two" Christmases makes life even more complicated for you. Also that you miss Cleo even more at special times like this. Good thing you're organized and getting wrapping etc.. done as the days get closer to the 7th.

Lisa said...

Yes, the battle is in our minds - you said it. But the struggle is real. xo