Thursday, January 30, 2020

(157) The day of our Christmas Dinner


I wrote at length, earlier this week,
 about the preparation for the Christmas dinner we had last Sunday night. 
The one thing I want to note is two lovely Polish treats that our friends
brought from Poland to share at the meal.
Here are two pictures to show you the packaging:


I must mention that the one above was my favourite and 
everyone else's as well! 
It was a soft gingerbread chocolate covered cookie with jam 
inside.  Need I say more?! They were so good! 
You will see these dimly in a small bowl... 


The other ones by Milka were good, though
not as favoured, a chocolate with a type of 
marshmallow filling.  Still very fun though! 
They added a lot to the festivity of the meal! 
***
Below are the pictures I took of the day and of the dinner itself!





Tea at coffee hour after church liturgy was fancy and delicious! 


 It was such a beautiful sunny day!
I had to take this picture from the car on the drive
back to our home!
I wrote, as I mentioned, about the preparations I did for this meal 
already with lots of pictures. So if you missed it and want to know
what I did for this lovely special Christmas dinner, go here
















   







(The two bowls on either end of the table have the Polish treats, they were so delicious!)


The Polish cookies everyone loved!













It was a really lovely meal.
One of the things I found most memorable was how
happy everyone was to be with us.
How they appreciated the meal and the set up.
Everything went really well and was a real
blessing to me and Mr Husband.
I am so thankful.
I am dreaming of doing more events in the future, but
not, of course, as involved as this one as I don't always have that
much time or energy! 
But Christmas is worth every ounce of my time and energy, as
long as God so grants both to me! 

2 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

Everything looked wonderful and I'm sure tasted even better. Especially the soft gingerbread chocolate covered cookies with jam inside. Who could resist??

Becki said...

I enjoyed the pictures, Elizabeth. And especially love that last one with the lights of the tree reflected on your shiny wooden floor. Beautiful.