Friday, March 15, 2019

First Friday in Great Lent ~ full of reading, beauty, presanctifed and a rain storm on the way back home


















I read more of the book by/about the Greek Abbess Makrina today
and wow, is it way beyond my spiritual level...
it's like a young child reading a graduate study book on physics....
but better!  I am really loving it
***
The book Spyridon's Shoes was so wonderful.
***
I am researching recipes and learning.
***
Presanctified liturgy was so beautiful.
***
I find the fast (no food/water from noon on until one has Holy Communion)
is not easy for me to do but it is so worth it at the same time.
***
I am trying to keep our house a bit more tidy, but it is not 
easy for me to do.
***
I pray each of you is being carried by Christ to His Holy Pascha (Easter)
and that He is with you...

5 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

Your Orchid is stunning!
I'm glad you're enjoying your choice of books.

Martha said...

Hope you have had a good 1st week! I'm trying to keep tidy & clean, too. The eggplant & pepper vegan pizza sounds great. And the individual bowls of grain & honey blessed are beautiful!

Elizabethd said...

What a lovely orchid.
I think I would find not having any water for several hours would be difficult.

Lisa Richards said...

Glad you're enjoying your books. I think your house always looks pretty!

Lisa said...

That is a nice wish, Elizabeth - I wish you the same!