Sunday, March 03, 2019

Sunday: Farewell to Meat and other adventures




Goodbye Meat! 
Until Easter/Pascha that is! 
This coming week is called Butterweek, which means
no meat but fish, eggs, dairy.
Then the fast begins (no meat or dairy, fish sometimes) if you
are doing the full fast, which some cannot do for medical/situational reasons.
So I had some turkey. I was really wanting a second hamburger but we had to finish
what was in the fridge!
I made it to church.
By the end of the liturgy I was shaky, weak, like how I would feel for a few 
weeks after a really bad flu.  So it's going to take time.
I did not have sinus pain however, so that's something
and I am starting to eat more things and had TEA with MILK today! 
I am writing an essay and added to it tonight
and have another one in mind to write.
I am hoping to write a series of essays that will be for later use, 
I hope... but right now I am in the 'write the essays and don't worry about the rest'
phase of things... so that is.  
I am really looking forward to this year in ways I have not in a few years,
so far the unbloggable weight and worry is still resolved and we have
a lot of reasons to hope to regain what we wanted our lives to be like...
Well, that's today.
I hope you are well.  I hope you see that God loves you and that HE is here
with you, even when things seem dark, lonely or bitterly hard....

3 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

No meat would be fine with me as I am a vegetarian, mostly.
Dairy I would miss though.
Ash Wednesday marks the beginning of Lent for myself.

shoreacres said...

It's hard to believe that Lent has come around again. It felt like a short year -- although, of course, time sometimes passed slowly. My best to you for increased health, and a blessed Lenten season!

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth, it seems that Lent has snuck up on us. I can't believe that it starts this week! I hope you are feeling much better now. xo