Saturday, March 30, 2019

Continuing to trust God about my eyes




The first picture is from last Monday,
before I got the bad news about my eyes.
Today when I went to vespers, I was very
troubled as the Cross which had halos around them 
(because I think of my cataract) had become worse and
were all blurry, as if the halos around each light bulb merged together
to blur everything, with a bit of something else making it a messy blur,
similar to rain going over a window fast but not exactly that.
(the pictures never show the Cross exactly as we can see it,
as in anyone with decent vision can see each light bulb individually
up there, burning brightly, giving hope.... 
I have a hard time at times getting away from this worry
as I look out of my eyes to see.
But I must keep trusting God.
I admit I started weeping though in church,
I was overwhelmed by it, the change.
I have 4 eye tests in NYC in May now, but the last one is not until May 23 so
I have a bit of time to wait yet. 
I must keep trusting God...
I know He is full of love, mercy and that He is good.
And no matter what, He will not leave me...
and I pray that you will know the same,
that God is a God of Salvation, of comfort, of HOPE...

6 comments:

Paula said...

Sending lots of love and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth, sending you a big {{HUG}}. Something that my eye doctor told me that helped a little was to soak a washcloth is warm water and lay it on your closed eyes. Gently massage the tear ducts. This helps the eyes not be so dry and helps the vision. Praying for you!

Granny Marigold said...

I understand your concern about your eyes. Our eyesight is extremely important and to have it threatened is serious. It would be nice if your appointments were sooner so you could be certain what the problem is and if it can be fixed with cataract surgery.

GretchenJoanna said...

I'm heading upstairs right now to do what Mrs. R says!

And I agree with Granny M - if you have cataracts, as so many do, isn't there good hope of fixing that with surgery? But it's so true, when our eyes are bothering us it is terribly distracting and depressing! Sending love.

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

My prayers, dear friend.

Lisa said...

Elizabeth, how about seeing a naturopath, or osteopathic doctor? They might think of something different - another angle.