Wednesday, December 12, 2018

"We are not alone" (song) and red lentil soup, Christmas wrapping and other household things










Ok! Another day at a close.
***
I made soup - but did not bake cookies - 
Here's the info on the soup:
I ad-libbed the lentil soup... I added 14 oz chopped Italian plum tomatoes, cinnamon, coriander, turmeric, chili powder garlic, ginger to this soup...and poured approx 1 cup lentils, 1 cup macaroni noodles, plus 1tsb vegan 'chicken' bullion, over 2 cups water, ... sauteed one chopped onion, 1 large carrot with oil then added spices and tomatoes + bullion... then lentils, water, macaroni a bit after the lentils...I added a bunch of fresh spinach at the end and cooked that in... I forgot the lemon juice but that would have been fabulous drizzled over... it was good though and I added salt and pepper to the individual bowl that I ate! (Most of the changes other than the pasta were suggested in the first 2 comments to this recipe). I would say I could add more spices as it was 'warm' in flavour but could have some additional depth with deeper spices. It was good however and best not overly spiced! Too much could ruin it... I really liked how the macaroni made it 'soft' and a soup that was 'easy to swallow' in feel, warm comforting and filling! Perfect with some french bread on the side!
Recipe found here.
***
I did lots more wrapping presents today!
And I, with the help of the Munchkin's Mom, got his presents for him
for Christmas and St Nicholas Day. Whew. 
My IKEA stuff has shipped!
This morning I got word that a package (a gift! a surprise! I am waiting till
January Christmas to open it!!!) was not delivered, yeah, when I was home after 7 last night.
Well, miracle of miracles, it was delivered to me before 9 AM this morning.
So that was better than we (sadly) get sometimes for mail service.
Still, so glad it came and safely!!! Can't wait to open it later!!!
Thanks so much Pat!!! 
My Husband worked from home and I made him lunch
and dinner...made soup tonight as you can see... 
***
Did lots of online errands and more laundry.
Whew, caught up again on that.
Tomorrow is liturgy and then I am going to NYC for lunch,
seeing, DV, a friend I have not seen in person since 2004 I think!
So that will be nice! 
Then I will go back home, as I have much to do.
I may not get to baking until Friday... but one thing at a time.
***
Saw this quote today, loved it of course:

Dining is and always was a great artistic opportunity. - Frank Lloyd Wright

***

Was reminded of this song that I used to watch years ago in Ottawa:


***

I did my first 4 Christmas cards today...we have some of the Christmas letters printed...
Well, I better get on now, as I have a full day ahead.
We prayed this Akathist for St Herman tonight, I love it so much.
Made me feel close to my churches in Canada, as I began my Orthodox journey there...
***
May God bless and help us all! 

ps: more great words from Tolkien's letters:


1 comment:

GretchenJoanna said...

I am curious about that Tolkien book - that one page has lots to think about!

Your tree and gift wrapping are lovely.