Monday, December 17, 2018

cookies bagged, tea blended, a sudden power outage and a prayer request for my beloved Grandma Ruth



St Nicholas gifts ready (bag of cookies in the last bag on right added since!)


 From early this morning...I wrote:
"So, I had the funniest happiest "nightmare" one could have: the dream was that one of my friends was getting married and I was so down in the dumps because I kept thinking of this friendship I had with this great guy but I was already married and so very depressed because I could not marry the guy that was actually the one I wanted to marry because I married someone already who was so not as good a friend as my newer friend and THEN I suddenly remembered my wedding picture and saw that actually I DID marry the guy I wanted to, as the one I was wishing I could marry (instead of this none-friend nightmare dream) was my Husband!!! I married my best friend!!! We can go on having adventures together!!! Boy did I wake up happy today. Isn't that the funniest but most strangely happy dream? 
ps: my Husband, who I just read this too, said that this sentence was nearly a Pauline length run-on sentence (ST Paul used VERY long sentences in his New Testament letters!)"



 Worked on a new tea blend,
earl grey with rose petals, lavender, cinnamon and vanilla! 


I bagged all the cookies for St Nicholas day today! 
I am ready!!! Can't wait, God willing! 


So, earlier the power suddenly went out! I calmly got our battery powered lantern, lit candles and found batteries for our other lantern.... about 15 / 20 minutes and the power went back on! A lot of our immediate area had lost power too! I was already mentally preparing for a cold night with no heat, thinking of our extra blankets, when we suddenly had power again!
***
A friend is coming for lunch and my Husband and I will be off
for St Nicholas vigil and liturgy after that! 
I may not be able to blog until Wednesday, so don't worry if you don't
hear from me tomorrow!
***
I am still working on a few Christmas presents but have almost everything ready.
I will do more baking for Christmas (January 7 Christmas) I hope in the new year!
I will be too busy with family Christmas things before to do more!
If we stay healthy that will be best! 
***
My Grandmother Ruth has her knee replacement surgery tomorrow morning.
I do ask your prayers for her, please!!!
***
May God be with all of us, bless and protect us!

5 comments:

shoreacres said...

Sending prayers for your grandmother, and every good wish for the season!

Elizabethd said...

Will say a prayer for your dear Grandmother.

Lisa Richards said...

Prayers for your grandmother, Ruth! The tea sounds good! :)

Granny Marigold said...

I like your long run-on sentence and also your amusing dream. Sure glad you married the 'right' one.

GretchenJoanna said...

That IS a happy dream, when you can be delivered from your discontent by such a realization -- which is still true when you wake!