Tuesday, December 04, 2018

Feast Days in the Nativity Fast / Advent are the best!





















Today had a lot of good in it!
(kind of like the Prophet Samuel went in the Old Testament, the parents
giving the child to God by giving the child to be raised in the Temple.)
***
My Oma fell asleep in the Lord 7 years ago today.
My then boyfriend now Husband went with myself and my family
to her funeral, the wonderful story of God's mercy and timing
in all of this is written here.
***
We had a nice lunch of Thai food, a fish day! 
***
I felt like the God (on the Mother of God's feast day) gave me
a gift when my dishes suddenly went from being
unreported for days to being at my post office here in NJ
and were delivered in later afternoon (about 5 pm or so).
I am so grateful!
So, I was able to go with my original plan, 
which was to use my Grandma's dishes for the St Nicholas day lunch.
It's more simple of a meal because I am using my
dishes that go in the dishwasher, paper napkins... 
The first is frozen breaded fillets, the bread just needs to be warmed in oven,
the pasta sauce in slow cooker and fast cooking noodles for the Pasta.
***
Tomorrow I hope to bake a cake, get out my Christmas icons, prepare
lampadas (the little oil candle votives I have) for lighting, 
prepare the dessert table, prepare the island
for all the food and do food prep.  
And get out frozen vegan St Nicholas cookies and put in bags!
And go to vespers for (new calendar) 
St Nicholas tomorrow!
***
It's such a gift that the dishes that go with the set my Grandma gave me
came today! I am very grateful! 
***
I hope that teach of you has comfort from God and 
help in time of need...May God so grant!

7 comments:

GretchenJoanna said...

I love all the pictures of the feast, with the blue altar cloths and vestments :-) A blessed feast to you! (and of St. Nicholas, too!) The Entrance of the Theotokos is so wonderful...

That is great that your dishes arrived!

I am going to celebrate the Feast of St. Nicholas at a sister parish where he is their patron saint. I haven't done that for many years, so I am looking forward to it. I suppose there may be some vegan cookies there at the festal meal, too :-)

shoreacres said...

I'm so glad the dishes arrived. They are so lovely -- and what a blessing to you.

Pom Pom said...

Yay! The dishes came!
The photos are so bright and lovely. Joyful.
Grandmas and dishes. Those are two lovely feelings.

elizabeth said...

G_J: thanks so much! yes, I am so thankful that my dishes arrived!!! Yes, it is a wonderful feast! Have a great time with St Nicholas day!!!

Shoreacres - thank you!!! yes, a real blessing!

Pom Pom - thanks!!! Yes very much so!

Farm Girl said...

What lovely pictures and I love seeing everything. How beautiful. I am so glad you got your dishes.
Here is my other blog.
https://my-field-of-dreams.blog/ This one is on WordPress.

elizabeth said...

Farm Girl - great, thanks, have your other blog on my reader too! Thanks for your kind words!

Granny Marigold said...

How wonderful that the special dishes that came to you from your grandmother have now arrived in time for the meal you're planning. I hope all goes well.