Monday, May 27, 2019

The Road Goes On and On...










The Munchkin loved his lego present and we did a Mad Lib... 
and the cake was loved by all... 
cake left overs went home with the Munchkin and his Mom...
***
My friend Photini is facing some more medical things and I ask prayers for her.
And for my cousin Wes... within a week he will begin Chemo... it's not going to be an easy road... 
***
Had leftovers for dinner and watched a Walton's episode and earlier 
I finally did 2 letters and finished addressing them etc...
and after the Walton's Mr Husband did dishes while I folded laundry and we talked about
lots of things, including suffering and how there is not much one can say
to those suffering ... as in better to be silent or communicate one's love 
to them ... instead of talk about the situation that you can't fully comprehend... 
when and how to talk and when not to talk,
it's always something of an ongoing discovery to figure out...
***
On another note, we did go to Hobby Lobby
and I got some wash cloth yarn, a small glue gun,
things to fix jewelry with, and a big blue stamp pad...
there was so much there that I felt like I was in a candy store,
where I wanted one, two or three of everything :) 
***
Between finally being able to have things clean again at home,
including laundry and dishes, 
and good talks and such things,
I am feeling a bit better...
***
But life is an ongoing process... 
I hope to go to NYC tomorrow... to the library I joined...
it's going to storm but it's the best day for me to go in
schedule wise, so that's that...
***
Onward...
...this song seemed good for right now...


Lord have mercy on us all! 

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Such good times... and what delicious food! Hoe lovely that stationery. And what fun craft treats... LOVE the colors of the yarn--yum! ;) Hope you have a beautiful and blessed week, my friend... Prayers for your Photini... and cousin Wes ((HUGS))

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

You daily "reports" are always a delight. I hope you were able to get to NYC today despite storms and that your visit is fruitful. I've added Photini to my prayer list; Wes is already on it. Prayers for all. A blessed week to you and Daniel.

elizabeth said...

Tracy, thanks so much!!!
Come Away With Me ~ thank you so much!!! did not know of your new blog URL!

Becki said...

Last year my sister walked (battled) through chemo for breast cancer. This year friends are suffering a profound loss. I was touched by the thought "there is not much one can say to those suffering ... as in better to be silent or communicate one's love
to them ..." That last part is what I'm thinking is so very important. But it also seems important to convey that their talking about their suffering is okay if they want to - or to even express interest in knowing what they are experience, giving them freedom to share or not). I remember as a young woman after miscarrying my first pregnancy (that seems like such a minor suffering now) the situation was met by mostly silence from others - which translated in my mind as, "it's best to just buck up and get over it". Sigh. Coming alongside a friend or family member who is suffering is not easy. We stumble through it. But showing our love, and giving them a forum for sharing (or not) seems to me to be the most important thing we offer.